Frequently Asked Q's
1. Are you registered? Yes, I am a fully 2200hrs Registered Massage Therapist with the MTAA and will issue a receipt after your treatment, to enable you to submit to your insurance company. However, please note that some insurance companies do require a Dr's note prior to a service being obtained - please check with them prior to booking.
2. What forms of payment do you accept? Credit Card, debit, cash and e transfer - a receipt will be issued with all forms of payment. Full payment at the end of your treatment is required, however if paying via e transfer then this must be done prior to your appointment.
3. Do you direct bill to my insurance company and do I need a Dr's note? I do direct bill MOST insurance companies (a list can be provided upon request) - if this is the method you wish to chose to pay, please advise prior so the forms can be sent before your massage or we can make time during your scheduled appointment. Should your insurance company's website be down and payment cannot be submitted or is rejected, you are required to make full payment at the time and submit yourself. As for the Dr's note, each insurance provider is different. I would suggest that you contact them directly.
4. Is my information confidential? Yes. Massage therapists are required by law to keep all information verbal and written in the strictest of confidences. Any information collected may only be disclosed or shared with your written consent.
5. How early should I turn up before my appointment time? Please DO NOT arrive more than 5mins before your appointment time, unless prior arrangements have been made.
6. I'm running late, what should I do? Please call ahead if possible to advise. Upon your arrival we will start the massage a.s.a.p - you may or not get your full massage time booked - I will try my best but due to other appointments this isn't always possible. You will however, be charged for the amount of time that you booked.
7. I'm unable to make my appointment, do you have a cancellation policy? Yes I do. I have a 100% no show fee and a $40 late cancellation fee (if cancelled with less than 24hrs prior to your appointment).
8. What should I expect on my first visit? You will be asked to fill out a confidential health history form (one can be printed and filled in prior to your appointment if easier). We can discuss any concerns, any issues that you may have and what you are looking for in the massage. Open communication is important as this will make sure you get the exact massage that you are looking for. I will then leave the room for you to undress and get on the table.
9. What do I wear for massage? You can wear as much or as little as you like. However, please note that items of clothing that remain on, may come into contact with some of my lotions/oils that I use and therefore may become stained. But please be comfortable.
10. Should massage hurt? In my opinion 'No'. Any treatment affecting soft tissue can sometimes cause discomfort but should not be harmful or painful in anyway. You can stop the massage at anytime and should not feel like you have to put up with any discomfort felt. I like to keep lines of communication open so please tell me if something is uncomfortable or you need me to change techniques or pressure as your treatment can be modified anytime. Don't be scared to talk to me.
11. Do you have an age limit? I do not have an age limit. I suggest that for a child's first massage 30mins is more than sufficient, this can be increased over a period time. For anyone under the age of 14, a parent should be present, this is for the comfort of the child and safety of the therapist.
12. I'm not feeling too great, can I still get a massage? If you have a fever, know you are contagious, within the first 2-3 days of being sick stay at home. If you are too sick to go to work, you are probably too sick to get a massage.
13. Should I leave a tip? It is certainly not expected, however if you leave one it's very much appreciated. However, if you have liked your massage a 'review' on my facebook page would be preferred.
14. Do you provide any incentives? For each referral that you send my way and they have a 60min massage, you will receive $10.00 off your next massage. You can accumulate up to $30.00 maximum in one go towards your own massage - however not in conjunction with any other offers.
15. Can you please tell me more about the services you offer? Please see the individual pages that explains each service in detail. However, that being said if there isn't enough information, or it's missing, please do not hesitate to contact me so we can discuss it in detail.